Friday, December 19, 2014

Why I Gorged on Brie Cheese When I Was Pregnant

Why I Gorged on Brie Cheese When I Was PregnantWhy I Gorged on Brie Cheese When I Was Pregnant








Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do …
That’s the way I felt about brie cheese when I was pregnant.
Like other expecting mothers, I was warned during prenatal consultations to avoid soft cheeses like brie due the risk of Listeria monocytogenes, an organism that can trigger a food borne bacterial infection which carries the potential risk of miscarriage.
The trouble was, I craved brie cheese like crazy when I was pregnant!
So what did I do?
I concluded that the risk from eating brie was probably incredibly small and overblown due to the misguided, prejudiced view against unpasteurized dairy products by government health authorities which are responsible for putting together these types of frequently foolish recommendations.
So I indulged my craving and ate brie cheese to my heart’s content figuring there was something in this particular traditional food that I needed even though I didn’t know what it was at the time.
I am so glad I followed my instincts!
In my most recent podcast as co-host with Fearless Parent Radio, I interview Dr. Kate Rheaume-Bleue, author of Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life, without a doubt, one of the best health books I have read in the past few years.
Dr. Kate goes over the huge benefits to health (including straight, cavity free teeth and plaque free arteries) from the little known vitamin known as K2, why nearly everyone is deficient, and those foods that are highest in it (you guessed it, brie is one of the best sources and is critical to healthy development of the infant).
Turns out Dr. Kate craved and ate brie cheese when she was pregnant too!
This is a can’t miss interview if you want the lowdown on the elusive nutrient prized by all Traditional Cultures, which nutritional pioneer Dr. Weston A. Price called “Activator X”.
Click here to listen or download for later.

Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist

More Information

- See more at: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/gorged-brie-cheese-pregnant/#sthash.yLM5VRQS.dpuf

No comments: