Thursday, August 20, 2015

All Natural Essential Oil Mosquito Repellent


May 12






I love summer – the warm weather, open windows, and nights spent on the porch. For as much as I love summer, I HATE mosquitoes and mosquito bites. It always seems like they are attracted to me and only me. I can spend ten minutes outside and come back in with ten mosquito bites.
Because I’d rather have tons of mosquito bites than use commercial bug spray, I developed this recipe.


INGREDIENTS:

  • Eucalyptus Essential Oil
    • Eucalyptus Essential Oil has been proven to be effective against killing mosquito larvae and repelling mosquitoes. Its strong scent masks carbon dioxide and lactic acid exhalations.
  • Lemongrass Essential Oil
    • Contrary to popular belief, Lemongrass is the source of citronella oil that you want. It is an effective mosquito repellent
  • Witch Hazel
    • Witch Hazel is an excellent carrier for this blend as it is good for the skin, and will suspend the oils nicely.
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a small spray bottle, combing 15 drops of Eucalyptus and 15 drops of Lemongrass into 2 oz. of Witch Hazel
  2. Shake Well
  3. Spray on exposed areas of the skin and clothes, especially the wrists and neck
  4. Enjoy a bug free day!



No comments: